As conscientious members of our community, you and others in the Greater Spokane Area are making an effort to preserve our environment by making the choice to Travel Green by carpooling, vanpooling, bicycling, skating, walking, or riding the bus to work.
The community benefits with fewer cars on the road and less congestion. The environment benefits with less automobile exhaust and greenhouse gases.
Here are just a few of the benefits you'll see when you switch to an alternative commute mode:
- Save Money! Make fewer trips to the pump, less maintenance on your car and possibly reduce your car insurance (check with your insurance agent)
- Reduce stress and arrive at work feeling more relaxed
- Cut your commuting costs by 50% or more by riding with 1 other person
- Reduce wear and tear on your automobile
- Listen to your favorite music (or even catch a few Zs!) while someone else drives
- Reduce the amount of pollutants you put in the air - even ridesharing just once a week can reduce the amount of carbon monoxide released into the air by 20%
- Fewer vehicles on the road means less congested roadways
- Meet new & interesting people by joining a carpool, vanpool or riding the bus
- Get in your daily exercise by jogging, walking or bicycling to work
You can also win prizes by making the choice to Travel Green! For citizens in the Greater Spokane Area that make the choice to carpool, vanpool, ride the bus, walk or bicycle to work and do not work for a company that has a Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) program, you can start logging how you get to work each day and be eligible for prizes.
By clicking back to the MyCommute.org homepage, you can sign up and begin logging how you get to work each day. When you click on new user (gold box at the top of MyCommute.org), you’ll be prompted to use a worksite passcode, please use PFGX.
After completing your profile and submitting it, you’ll be prompted to go to your commute calendar. The commute calendar is simple to use and only take a few minutes to log your trips. For help in starting, a tutorial is available the first time you go to your calendar and written directions are always available on the right side of your commute calendar after logging in.
Thank you for making the choice to Travel Green by using a commute alternative and helping the CTR Office track how many trips are saved on a daily basis. Your efforts make a difference!